The ‘Ins & Outs’ of Peer Review and Credentialing
Health Management Associates (HMA) has successfully tackled a wide variety of healthcare issues working directly with federal, state, and local government agencies, health systems, health plans, providers, foundations, investors, and community organizations, to effect change.
During this webinar, Dr. Jay Shannon, Principal, HMA, will offer insights into peer review and credentialing, focusing on the following objectives:
- Understand what a medical provider peer review program entails
- Enumerate the steps to credential new providers vs. recredentialing current providers
- Compare the process of credentialing physicians vs. Advance Practice Providers
- How to embed qualitative and quantitative data into determining general competency and also, when adding new practice areas and procedures
- Learn ways to build performance improvement initiatives into the credentialing process
Dr. Jay Shannon is a physician leader with more than two decades of executive experience. He is the former CEO of Cook County Health, where he also served as the system's Chief of Clinical Integration.
This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $824,375 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.