Quite simply, the mission of our organization is – and always has been – to strengthen critical access and small, rural hospitals through collaboration. Better together, ICAHN and its 57 member hospitals make it their overarching goal to preserve access to rural healthcare while improving the vibrancy and viability of the communities served.
ICAHN accomplishes this goal by:
- Ensuring appropriate funding and financial resources
- Continuing efforts to be a recognized resource on critical access hospitals and rural healthcare in Illinois
- Promoting efficient use of information technology services for the network and members alike
- Maintaining and further developing specific-type peer networks, activities, and listservs that promote hospital operational efficiencies and connectivity
- Offering ongoing educational opportunities and resources
- Developing and offering projects that are self-sustaining and which add value to the organization and its members
- Developing and offering shared services that offer value to members
- Establishing an institute that specializes in rural health population management
ICAHN is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 corporation established in 2003 and is governed by a nine-member board of directors.