Preceptorship Program Application Deadline Approaching!
The 6-Week Rural Interprofessional Preceptorship Program application deadline is quickly approaching! The National Center for Rural Health Professions kindly requests your help in sending application reminders to health professions students.
The Preceptorship is a paid, full-time immersion program set in a rural Illinois community. This competitive opportunity is available to highly motivated students from various health professions programs to learn in a real-world setting that promotes interprofessional collaboration and organized community participation.
What to expect as a preceptorship student:
- Complete over 15 days of shadowing in over 10 different hospital departments and/or community clinics in a rural community
- Collaborate with other preceptorship students to complete a Community Service Learning (CSL) Project focused on a real-life community health priority
- Have a better understanding of rural healthcare needs and interventions
- Have increased awareness, knowledge, and appreciation for a variety of health professions disciplines
Preceptorship students are exposed to all aspects of a rural community. Time is available during the week and on weekends for students to explore the area. Preceptorship students will receive a $1,500 stipend, local housing, and limited meals throughout the program.
Two healthcare facilities will be hosting students for summer 2019:
- SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital- Centralia, IL
- Program dates: June 10-July 23, 2019
- Gibson Area Hospital and Health Services- Gibson City, IL
- Program dates: June 12-July 24, 2019
Applications are due Sunday, February 17. Application instructions and materials can be found at http://www.ncrhp.uic.edu/ under Student Opportunities.