Opioid Crisis Next Door: Has the Pandemic Detoured Progress on Opioid Abuse Treatment?
The next ICAHN "Opioid Conference Next Door" Conference is slated for Wednesday, August 4 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza and Conference Center, 3000 S. Dirksen Parkway, Springfield. All interested healthcare providers, community coalitions, and other rural community stakeholders focused on combatting opioid misuse, heroin use, and substance use disorders are invited to participate. The theme and content for the event is "The Roadmap to Recovery: Has the Pandemic Detoured Progress on Opioid Abuse Treatment?"
For those wishing to make hotel reservations, please use this link on or before July 4: ICAHN Opioid Summit Hotel Reservation
The agenda includes:
- 8-8:30 a.m. Registration and continental breakfast
- 8:35 a.m. Welcome and opening remarks - Pat Schou, Executive Director, ICAHN
- 8:45 a.m. State of Illinois Opioid Information - Jennifer Epstein, Assistant Deputy Director, Office of Policy, Planning, and Statistics, Illinois Department of Public Health
- 9:00 a.m. Fentanyl, A National Crisis: Where Are We Today? - Dan Zsido, National Education and Training Director with the National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators (NADDI)
- 10:15 a.m. Break
- 10:30 a.m. Opioid Crisis from a Law Enforcement Perspective - Dwayne Wheeler, Taylorville Police Department
- 11 a.m. Experiences from the Field: Community Projects and Coalitions Speak Out - Facilitated by Dr. Stacy Grundy, Research Assistant Professor, SIU School of Medicine
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch and networking
- 1:15 p.m. Opioid Response: National Level Update
- 1:45 p.m. A Mother's Story - Katie Donovan, family, life and relationship coach, speaker, and award-winning writer
- 2:45 p.m. Wrap-up and closing remarks - Pat Schou, Executive Director, ICAHN