Public Health Officials announce 1,462 new COVID-19 cases in Illinois
As of 5.30.20
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 1,462 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 61 additional deaths.
- Coles County: 1 male 80s
- Cook County: 4 males 40s, 1 female 50s, 3 males 50s, 1 unknown 50s, 1 female 60s, 4 males 60s, 1 female 70s, 6 males 70s, 5 females 80s, 2 males 80s, 5 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- DuPage County: 1 female 60s, 2 males 70s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Kane County: 2 males 60s, 1 female 70s, 2 males 70s, 1 female 80s
- Kankakee County: 1 female 60s
- Lake County: 1 male 90s
- Madison County: 1 female 90s
- McDonough County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
- McHenry County: 1 male 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 90s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 70s
- Union County: 1 female 90s
- Will County: 1 female 80s, 2 males 80s, 1 male 90s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 118,917 cases, including 5,330 deaths, in 101 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 25,343 specimens for a total of 877,105. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from May 23–May 29 is 7%.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.