COVID-19 testing guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health
Submitted by the Illinois Department of Public Health
As COVID-19 testing capacity expands, testing is now available for people who:
• Have COVID-19 symptoms (cough, shortness of breath and fever) AND
• Have a risk factor, such as, contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19, or a compromised immune system or a serious chronic medical condition
Testing is also available for those with or without symptoms who:
• Work in a healthcare facility
• Work in correctional facilities, such as jails or prisons
• Serve as first responders, such as paramedics, emergency medical technicians, law enforcement officers, or firefighters
• Support critical infrastructure, such as workers in grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, gas stations, public utilities, factories, childcare, and sanitation
A list of testing sites can be found online at coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/testing-sites or dph.illinois.gov/covid19/covid-19-testing-sites.
Anyone with COVID-19-like illness or symptoms can get a test, even without a doctor’s order.