- Date: 08/01/2019
- Hospital: Rochelle Community Hospital
- Address: 900 N 2nd St, Rochelle, IL 61068
- Contact Information:
- Position Summary:
GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION: Rochelle Community Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All offers are contingent upon successful passing of a post-offer substance testing, positive reference checks and background check and your ability to establish your employment eligibility in the United States.
ALL RESUMES AND APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH ILLINOISJOBNETWORK.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Rochelle Community Hospital is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
A Registered Professional Nurse accountable for the coordination and delivery of quality patient care, based on age, utilizing the process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. He/She shall perform nursing functions in accordance with the policies, procedures, and objectives of the Nursing Services.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses physical, psychological, social, spiritual and educational needs of the patient and family specifically related to age.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries, and diseases and uses available resources in the assessment process with regard to age.
- Provides a written assessment of the patient on admission and updates continuously throughout the Emergency Department visit.
- Maintains and respects all patient rights and cares for the patient in a dignified and compassionate manner.
- Maintains and respects all patient related information (confidentiality).
- Summarizes assessment data, which is documented on the Emergency Department Medical Record, and communicates to other patient care providers.
- Utilizes all available resources in planning care, and consults with other members of the Multidisciplinary Health Care Team.
- Continuously updates the plan of care based on ongoing assessments.
- Assists in development of discharge planning with regard to age, utilizing all available resources.
- Implements nursing plan of care based on physician orders and nursing diagnosis with regard to age in accordance with established Policies and Procedures. Intervenes with appropriate techniques, procedures, and safety precautions.
- Self-directs personal and learning needs on an ongoing basis. Seeks learning opportunities to meet the identified needs through formal and informal means and keeps educational records current.
- Evaluates effectiveness of educational programs; changes to meet personal learning needs.
- Is responsible and accountable to the Manager of Emergency Services for maintaining current BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC and NRP certification as required.
- Supports the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Nursing Division.
- Acts as a resource person regarding patient care, specialty area, orientation, and teaching of the staff.
- Strives for quality in patient care and, as necessary, challenges and/or corrects errors of peers to ensure patient safety and well-being.
- Accountable for own conduct and promotes good working relationships among staff and between other disciplines and departments.
- Participates in and supports research programs and activities and performance improvement activities. Also, participates in nursing committees and other activities, which promote the growth and development of nursing and/or patient care. Has attended 20 hours of continuing education annually.
- Assists with maintenance of equipment assigned to patient care and reports problems and orders service as needed.
- Maintains mandatory educational requirements based on JCAHO, IDPH, and OSHA standards.
- Shall attend at least 75% of all scheduled unit meetings held, and read the meeting minutes.
- Must be a graduate of an NLN accredited School of Nursing and have current Illinois license.
- Must be currently BLS certified with ACLS, PALS, TNCC and NRP certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Must have one year of professional experience in the hospital setting.
- Experience in Emergency or Critical Care is desirable.
- Certification as a Trauma Nurse Specialist is desirable.
- Certification in ENPC preferred.
- Must show competency of those skills designated by the Manager of Emergency Services by written exam and/or demonstration.
- Must be in good physical and mental health, and able to work under pressure.
- Must have good teaching and communication skills.
- The ability to operate designated computer equipment.
- Must be willing to cross-train to at least one other nursing unit, if applicable.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Requires long periods of standing at times.
- Requires quick movement, agility and fast response time.
- Requires direct patient contact with potential exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Frequent lifting and/or handling of light weight items.
- Occasionally lifting up to 35 pounds or more with an assistive device/and or physical assistance.
- Frequent repositioning of patients.
- Ability to perform CPR – a strenuous activity.
Rochelle Community Hospital Association position descriptions are guidelines. They are not intended to identify every task that an employee will be asked to do. They are intended to provide a general outline of the work, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position. Employees are expected to provide whatever assistance is needed so that both individual and organizational success can be achieved.