- Date: 08/01/2019
- Hospital: Rochelle Community Hospital
- Address: 900 N 2nd St, Rochelle, IL 61068
- Contact Information:
- Position Summary:
GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION: Rochelle Community Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All offers are contingent upon successful passing of a post-offer substance testing, positive reference checks and background check and your ability to establish your employment eligibility in the United States.
ALL RESUMES AND APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH ILLINOISJOBNETWORK.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Rochelle Community Hospital is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Coordinates educational programs for hospital clinical personnel. Documents education that is provided and the employees who attend. Collaborates with department managers in providing initial orientation for clinical personnel. Collaborates with management in coordination and implementation of all educational and clinical needs of hospital departments.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Educational program coordination
- Surveys all hospital personnel periodically (not less than every two years) to assess educational needs.
- Coordinates educational programs and in-services as requested by Administration and Department Managers according to needs. May assign education through web-based learning tool or in person.
- Works with all department managers to verify that TJC and OSHA education is attended annually.
- Develop annual course offerings schedule to include but not limited to in-house offerings of ACLS, PALS, CPR, and NRP.
- Coordinates CME opportunities for physicians and staff.
- Coordinates nursing competencies.
- Maintain employee education files and computer data base.
- Collaborates with Safety Officer and Disaster Coordinator with development of disaster preparedness education and drills along with Emergency Preparedness.
- Available as educational and organizational development consultant to all hospital departments.
- Documents all educational functions and names of those who attend. Analyzes and reports this attendance to department managers as requested.
- Organizes and maintains video library listing and resource books.
- Has an open dialogue with Chief Nursing Officer regarding education and areas for improvement in the hospital.
- Works collaboratively with all management staff regarding clinical care and education.
- Participates in decision making regarding new products.
- Resource for nursing departments.
- Member of Nursing Clinical Practice Committee
- Member of Safety Committee
- Member of Nursing Advisory Council at Kishwaukee Community College
- Attends other meetings as assigned
- Maintain current knowledge base of nursing practice, TJC, OSHA, CMS, State and Federal Regulations.
- Assist with community based CPR and First Aid classes, as needed.
- Coordinate and assist as needed with community health fairs, job fairs, and recruiting opportunities.
- Collaborates with Occupational Health Manager and Foundation/Community Health Coordinator with providing educational classes for area businesses, schools, and community based programs.
- Registered Nurse with current Illinois license.
- Has attended 20 continuing education hours over a two year period.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, and NRP Instructor certified.
- Hospital will support nurse to complete the above Instructor certifications.
- BSN or MSN/MS, preferred
- Previous experience with educating healthcare personnel.
- Must be proficient with MS Office software.
- Pursues educational offerings both within and outside the hospital to enhance own base of knowledge.
- 3-5 years of current clinical nursing experience.
- Must be self-directed and independent in decision making process
- Evidence of self-directed, goal oriented behavior.
- Requires exceptional verbal and written presentation skills
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- May require periods of sitting and intermittent walking throughout the hospital.
- Frequent lifting and/or handling of light weight items.
- Occasional lifting and/or handling of items in excess of 35 lbs.
- Frequently requires close visual effort and concentration.
- May require direct patient contact.
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Complete employee health requirements.
- Maintains personal CPR, ACLS, PALS and all instructor certifications.
- Maintains current Nursing licensure.
Rochelle Community Hospital Association position descriptions are guidelines. They are not intended to identify every task that an employee will be asked to do. They are intended to provide a general outline of the work, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position. Employees are expected to provide whatever assistance is needed so that both individual and organizational success can be achieved.