- Date: 08/01/2019
- Hospital: Rochelle Community Hospital
- Address: 900 N 2nd St, Rochelle, IL 61068
- Contact Information:
- Position Summary:
GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION: Rochelle Community Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All offers are contingent upon successful passing of a post-offer substance testing, positive reference checks and background check and your ability to establish your employment eligibility in the United States.
ALL RESUMES AND APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH ILLINOISJOBNETWORK.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Rochelle Community Hospital is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Accurately collects, analyzes and records patient demographics and insurance/financial demographics from patients presenting for services at Rochelle Community Hospital. Ensures that patient information is complete and appropriate signatures are obtained. Performs registration process in accordance with State, Federal and hospital policies, procedures and regulations. Informs patient of hospital policies. Distributes appropriate patient information to ancillary departments.
Exhibits competency in answering the switchboard promptly and with courtesy for incoming calls and extends calls to appropriate hospital extensions. Pages employees, physicians and visitors as needed. Remains knowledgeable in procedures and responsibilities related to alarms and codes.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and follows Rochelle Community Hospital’s Standard of Excellence document. Greets all guests utilizing excellent guest relation techniques. Displays respect and dignity to patients, visitors and staff. Upholds hospital policies and maintains a code of confidentiality on all patient information.
- Welcomes patients and visitors to the hospital and interacts in a customer focused and compassionate manner to ensure patients and their representatives’ needs are met, that they understand the hospital’s revenue style expectations including charity care assistance program.
- Performs appropriately in difficult situations by remaining calm, notifying appropriate personnel and initiating appropriate action for patient access and switchboard duties.
- Negotiates deposits and collects payments and co-pay amounts in accordance with RCHA payment policy. Accurately writes receipts for payments and processes payments. Responsible for cash drawer and following cash balancing policies.
- Accurately records collected data in hospital information system. Identify primary, secondary and other payer plans in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Identify patients who may need financial aid programs and offer applications and/or referral to appropriate patient financial services staff members.
- Follows EMTLA, HIPAA, JACHO and other applicable regulations and standards for registration processes.
- Appropriately explains, secures and witnesses all signatures required to provide medical treatment, assign insurance benefits, release information, financial responsibilities, and condition of admissions, HIPAA regulations, and Medicare Secondary Payer questionnaire. Demonstrate the ability to explain payer policies to patients in a clear and concise manner.
- Accurately generates, assembles and processes all required forms and documents including face sheets, labels, wristbands, emergency room charts, occupational health records, physician orders and other special documents. Distributes these on a timely basis to both internal and external parties. Maintains ED log book according to procedures.
- Scans required documents into optical imaging system according to procedures. Maintain skills to retrieve optical record for physicians and/or staff as requested.
- Interprets physician orders for service, use appropriate hospital service codes and follows established procedures to accurately process patient registration to ensure revenue cycle is properly recorded.
- Maintains daily census of admitted patients, discharges and transfers. Coordinates related activities to record changes in IS system and generates appropriate face sheets, etc. Responsible to work with house supervisors to insure accuracy of census prior to midnight.
- Performs pre-registration processes as defined to contact patient prior to scheduled registration date to insure appointment date and time are accurate and collect patient demographics prior to patient presentation.
- Participates in departmental training, team building activities, in-services and education presentations as requested. Attendance is required at 80% of staff meetings. Assists in new employee training as assigned. Maintain CEU requirements for department as outlined in CEU policy. Must complete annual skills testing to insure knowledge is complete to perform assigned duties.
- Assists with flexible scheduling needs of department.
- Identifies need for routine maintenance of office equipment and stocking of department supplies.
- Performs other general clerical duties as assigned which include answering telephones, typing of policies and procedures, maintaining filing system for department and other special projects as assigned. Acts as overall greeter for those entering hospital by giving directions, etc. Demonstrates knowledge of role as it pertains to both patient access and switchboard for all code situations of hospital.
- High School graduate.
- Previous experience working with public required, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Must be able to take initiative and responsibility for actions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual skills are beneficial but not required.
- Visual and hearing acuity pertinent to communication with patients, visitors and staff.
- Able to assist with flexible hours in staffing department needs.
- Displays a positive attitude. Handles conflict situations effectively.
- Able to perform assigned duties as a team and independently without direct supervision.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
Rochelle Community Hospital Association positions are guidelines. They are not intended to identify every task that an employee will be asked to do. They are intended to provide a general outline of the work, responsibility and qualifications of the position. Employees are expected to provide whatever assistance is needed so that both individual and organizational success can be achieved.