- Date: 07/30/2019
- Hospital: Perry Memorial Hospital
- Address: 530 Park Avenue East, Princeton, IL 61356
- Contact Information:
Jillian Nordstrom, SR. HR Generalist
- Position Summary:
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Surgical Services, responsible for personnel, management, and coordination of nursing service activities for the scheduled working shift, in accordance with established philosophy, objectives and policies of the hospital to ensure safe, efficient and therapeutic patient care. Relates effectively with other shifts and departments for continuity of care and, in the absence of the director of nursing services, takes charge.
Education and Credentials:
- Registered nurse (RN) with valid IL license.
- Minimum two-year’s experience in surgical nursing.
- BSN in nursing preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated high level of nursing skill and leadership ability.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of hospital policy.
- Assists in interpreting hospital policy and state law as related to the nursing service.
- Assists in evaluating and formulating the policies, procedures, decisions, and solutions related to the nursing service.
- Participates in hospital safety procedures and programs.
- Manages guidance and counseling activities for personnel of the designated shift.
- Evaluates and recommends changes in nursing service records.
- Is responsible for all activities, nursing care, and the execution of nursing and hospital policies of scheduled shift.
- Is responsible for informing the director of nursing services of nursing activities, needs problems, and unusual events.
- Recommends the purchase of supplies and equipment required for the nursing service.
- Coordinates activities of the nursing service through charge nurses.
- Continuously reviews nursing staffing patterns, checks attendance, and revises the daily staff schedule as necessary.
- Evaluates and reviews employee’s performance against written standards for each position; approves or rejects salary change recommendations.
- Makes recommendations to the director of nursing services to hire, promote, suspend, and terminate nursing service employees.
- Maintains and assists in orientation programs for new employees.
- Assists in supervising the in-service education program and follows up to evaluate effectiveness and to determine the need for revision of methods and materials.
- Investigates and reports complaints.
- Makes routine nursing service checks on personnel, time cards, equipment, materials, supplies, etc.
- Initiates and approved orders for repairs.
- Is responsible for environmental control, including infection control.
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative.
- Performs others duties as assigned.
- Remains current in nursing knowledge and skills.
- Attends and supports in-service programs and seminars.