- Date: 03/01/2023
- Hospital: Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network
- Address: 1945 Van's Way, Princeton, IL 61356
- Contact Information: Curt Zimmerman; email@example.com
- Position Summary:
Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network (ICAHN)
The Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network (ICAHN) is a trusted, nationally recognized not-for-profit healthcare organization that provides small, rural, and critical access hospitals with a wide range of essential, value-added programs and services, education, and support to help them overcome challenges, grow, and thrive in a complex healthcare environment. The mission of our organization is to strengthen rural healthcare through effective collaboration. Better Together, ICAHN and its 58 member hospitals make it their overarching goal to preserve access to rural healthcare while improving the vibrancy and viability of the communities served. ICAHN celebrates 20 years of service to our member hospitals in 2023!
About the role – Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of corporate marketing and communication activities in alignment with the strategic planning initiatives of the organization. The Director of Marketing interprets network program and services objectives and develops successful campaigns, deliverables, and outcomes from idea to execution. This role also ensures that the organization’s brand and message is clearly defined and distributed across all channels and target audiences and coordinates the organization’s annual marketing budget. Within the organization, the position works closely with the Executive Director, the Senior Director of Business Services, and program/service line managers. Outside the organization, the position coordinates closely with our member hospitals, business partners, and other vendors that support rural healthcare.
What would you do?
- Lead the development and delivery of network marketing activities, promotion of network education and training programs, major member events and related deliverables.
- Provide graphic design and creative content for the organization.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of ICAHN’s major network events.
- Assist with securing event sponsors and program booklet advertising for major ICAHN events.
- Assist the Senior Director of Business Services and Development in supporting ICAHN’s sponsors and business partners.
- Provide editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of ICAHN education and training publications, promotional materials related to the network’s business services portfolio, and major communication documents for network/public distribution, including the ICAHN Annual Report, using minimal outsourcing.
- Write, design, and publish a quarterly network newsletter for ICAHN membership.
- Prepare news releases for media distribution and photograph ICAHN events.
- Oversee the continued development, updating, and monitoring of the ICAHN website and its secure member portal.
- Develop and provide oversight of social media strategy and implementation. Monitor and evaluate usage and coordinate closely with the ICAHN Social Media Specialist in selecting and editing content while also helping with use of InDesign, Canva, Constant Contact, Getty Images, Planable, and other platforms as needed.
- Provide consultation to network members on education/communication design and strategy, monitor the Public Relations/Marketing/Foundation Listserv, and guide the actions of the Public Relations/Marketing/Foundation Peer Network.
- Coordinate management, marketing and organization communications for the network.
- Act as an internal resource to bring attention and solutions to organizational priorities.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Proven experience in graphic design and creative work.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in interviewing, news and feature writing, photography, and lay-out of multiple media forms including but not limited to brochures, annual reports, event program booklets, posters and banners, flyers, e-forms, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media relevance to business services, education and training and its use in promoting the organization in general.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Some healthcare experience will be a great asset.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience in the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in page layout, word processing, and database management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Occasional out-of-town, overnight travel required.
Professional Certification Requirements
- This position does not require any professional certification. However, the individual is encouraged to achieve certifications as appropriate and advanced skill sets and knowledge.
Working Environment / Travel
- Professional office setting in a vibrant, rural community
- Occasional travel is required and must have a current Illinois Driver’s license.