• Travel throughout Illinois rural communities to identify and recruit professionals with specific expertise to become involved in the community pipeline programs in order to achieve the educational goals of NCRHP, and then link these pipeline programs with the University of Illinois College of Medicine RMED Program and the College of Pharmacy RPHARM Program.
• Identify and secure partnerships with critical access hospitals, colleges & educational institutions, superintendents of education in statewide districts, community healthcare facilities and healthcare programs (e.g. 4-H; Future Farmers of America; UI Extension-Nutrition Health Lifestyles program; local hospitals; clinics) to provide RMED/RPHARM clinical rotation sites. Oversee and monitor the preceptors/student relationships, scheduling, credentialing and compliance of sites and annual evaluations.
Public Health Education Management
• Coordinate the logistics of international senior medical students who participate in the RMED and NCRHP programs for the completion of their medical research requirements.
• Work directly with students, faculty, staff, academic partners, collaborating organizations and rural health stakeholders to identify, reduce and eliminate rural health disparities. • Serve as a member of the NCRHP advisory committee and administrative planning team.
• Identify opportunities to expand awareness of rural health issues and NCRHP interdisciplinary programs among rural health stakeholders (local governments, secondary and post-secondary schools, multiple health care sectors, as well as economic and community development leaders); research best practices for research campaigns, relationship management and institutional marketing.
Pipeline Program Development and Implementation
• Disseminate External & Pipeline Projects results through making presentations and writing publications.
• Serve as Co-Instructor and coordinate the School of Public Health Certificate Program in Rockford.
• Develop strategies for gathering outcomes data and feedback, and maintains relevant databases.
Grant-writing and Presentations/Publications
• As a core member of the NCRHP, identify resources and write grant proposals for the purpose of securing private (foundations, educational) and public (federal, national and state) funding opportunities to support the activities and outreach of the NCRHP education programs and facilitate research and evaluation projects in the areas of rural health education, service and delivery, access to primary care, community health and health disparities.
Website and Social Media Management
• Design, develop and produce multiple marketing tools to promote the NCRHP, including but not limited to informational and promotional pieces, website design for NCHRP and the Southeast Illinois Rural Health Workforce Development (SEIgrow) websites, media pieces and lists, community presentations and policy briefs.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.