3- Part Supervisor Leadership Series: Healthcare Supervising Essential Skills
December 1, 2020
December 8, 2020
December 15, 2020
Overview: Supervising is never easy, and without the tools you need to succeed it can be that much harder. This three-part webinar series will be held on December 1, 8, and 15 from 11:30-12:30 p.m. and will provide you with relevant information that you can use on a daily basis.
Session 1: You are a Supervisor Now! What You Need to Know - Presented by Kimi Yuchs, DNP, RN, NE-BC and Andrew Buffenbarger, MBA, FACHE, CHC, SHRM-SCP
- Developing a supervisor mindset.
- Delegating fairly and successfully.
- Making your employees feel valued by you and the organization.
- HR: Your friend and ally.
- Involving HR in crucial conversations.
Session 2: Working with Others: Understanding Unique Qualities of Ourselves and Others - Presented by Liz Swanson, BS
- Utilizing a successful leadership strategy.
- Addressing emotions in the workplace.
- Understanding personalities to improve team performance.
Session 3: Improving Your Communication Skills - Presented by Kathy Fauble, M. ED
- Overcoming roadblocks to effective communication
- Improving relationships and reducing frustrations with good communication
- Making messages clear and more effective
- Tips for successful emails
Cost: $135.oo per facility with unlimited participation or $25.oo per individual. No charge for Gold and Silver subscribers.
1.0 Nurse Contact hours per session.
The webinars will be recorded.
This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $824,375 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.