Social Determinants of Health in Rural Illinois: Successes and Strategies
TARGET AUDIENCE: Nurses, social workers, case managers, population health specialists, patient navigators, community health workers, behavioral health professionals, public health, others interested.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN: This conference will offer ideas and resources that will help you better address the challenges you face as you work to effect real change in your communities.
- Rural and Veteran Homelessness: Causes and Possible Solutions in the Rural Health Landscape. In this opening session, presenter Hilda Heady will cover the current status and causes of rural and veteran homelessness. The impact of homelessness in the rural health care landscape will be discussed with current information on the impact of COVID-19 on this population.
- Addressing Public Health’s Role Through a Social Determinant Lens. Veronica Halloway, Chief at the Center for Minority Health Services at IDPH will discuss what public health is doing to address barriers to good health and lingering disparities in health outcomes for certain populations.
- WRAP: Wellness Recovery Action Plan. Nanette Larson, IDHS/DMH Deputy Director for Wellness and Recovery Services will provide attendees with an overview to WRAP and information on how to connect staff and patients with additional wellness and recovery resources.
- Involuntary Mental Health Transports. Chenal Houle, Illinois Patient Transport, will share information on this service that offers compassionate, safe transport of mental health patients in Illinois.
- Addressing Hunger as a Health Issue: Cross-sector Collaboration the Key to Health Equity. This presentation by Monique Van Baricom and Taylor Syvertson will outline components for successful collaboration between community organizations and healthcare entities. It will also provide a case study example of current interventions supporting patients with food assistance and ensuring health equity through nutrition, health promotion, and food security.
Cost is $135 per facility for unlimited participation or $25 per individual.
Gold and Silver subscribers: use as part of your package.
3.0 Nurse contact hours • 3.0 hours for LCPC, LCSW, LMFT
This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $824,375 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.