Connecting the Dots: Opportunities in Diabetes and Cardiometabolic Care and Education
OVERVIEW: Learners will leave this presentation with an understanding of the link between diabetes and cardiovascular disease, giving you better opportunities for cardiometabolic care and education.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Define cardiometabolic disease: diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular and renal disease, hypertension.
- Explain the natural history of Type 2 Diabetes and the progressive nature of the disease.
- Illustrate the link between cardiovascular disease and prediabetes/diabetes.
- Correlate glucose variability and time-in range with cardiovascular risk.
- Identify the roles of the interprofessional healthcare team who are impactful to diabetes and cardiovascular care.
- Describe opportunities to optimize patient care in persons with cardiovascular disease.
Cost is $135 per facility for unlimited participation or $25 per individual.
Gold and Silver subscribers: use as part of your package.
This webinar will be recorded and available 24/7 for two months after the live event.
Becky Antonacci, MBA, MS, RD, CLC, CDE, Healthcare Improvement Leader is a Consultant with over 20 years of experience in healthcare improvement, healthcare administration, public health, pharmaceuticals, academic medicine, and clinical nutrition. Her career has focused on diabetes, chronic disease management, strategic planning and execution, and change management.
1.0 Nurse Contact Hour
This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $824,375 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.