Nurse Preceptor Academy- Winter 2020
This is a blended online and live workshop course.
Live Workshop- Wednesday, February 5 from 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. in Carthage, IL
The live workshop is a highly interactive day that explores the unique challenges you face as a preceptor. You will gain confidence in your ability to teach new hires important skills that will lead them to be safe, competent, and independent practitioners.
Online Course Work- January 21, 2020 from 2:00-2:30 p.m.
Online modules cover 4 hours of activities and are completed before the live workshop. You will work on these modules at your own pace through the ICAHN Workforce Academy.
ICAHN Preceptor Academy Topics:
- Integrate new employees into your clinical team
- Develop successful communication skills
- Create preceptee learning plans
- Provide appropriate feedback
- Relate to different personalities and different generations
- Teach critical thinking and clinical decision making for safe practice
- Evaluate performance expectations
- Explore generation and personality differences
Nurse Contact hours available for the live workshop and for the online work.
$150.00 per nurse
$140.00 for silver subscribers
$130.00 for gold subscribers.
Payment in non-refundable and must be made prior to the start of the Academy.