Nurse Preceptor Academy Fall 2019
The ICAHN Nurse Preceptor Academy focuses on developing, preparing, and supporting passionate preceptors. This blended Academy combines online course work with a full day workshop.
Introductory Webinar: November 5 from 2:00-2:30 p.m. The webinar will give an overview of the Academy and how to access the online course work.
On-line Course Work: Opens November 6. Online modules cover 4 hours of learning activities and are completed before the live workshop.
Live Workshop: Tuesday, November 19 from 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at the Illinois Education Association Building, Springfield, IL. The live workshop is a highly interactive day that explores the unique challenges faced as a preceptor. Participants gain confidence in their ability to teach new hires to be safe, competent, and independent nurses.
ICAHN Preceptor Academy Topics:
- Integrating new employees into your clinical team
- Developing successful communication and conflict resolution skills
- Creating preceptee learning plans
- Providing appropriate feedback
- Relating to different personalities and different generations
- Teaching critical thinking and clinical decision making for safe practice
- Evaluating performance expectations
- Exploring generation and personality differences
Fee: $150.00 per nurse. $130.00 for Gold Subscribers and $140.00 for Silver Subscribers. Payment is non-refundable and must be made prior to the start of the Academy.
Class size is limited to 20 participants.
5.5 Nurse Contact Hours for live workshop
4.0 Nurse Contact Hours for online work.