The Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network, along with the Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Illinois Health and Hospital Association are pleased to present this event.
This two-day symposium aims to increase knowledge among healthcare professionals in Illinois. The learning objectives for this conference are as follows:
- Describe the landscape of diabetes evidence, research, policy, and practice in Illinois and nationwide
- Recognize the most current Diabetes Standards of Care, including medication management
- Present best practices in the prevention and management of diabetes in pediatric and adult patients
- Identify methods for effective and culturally competent communication to persons with diabetes
Key topics include:
- Motivational interviewing to improve adherence
- Standards of care in diabetes
- Diabetes self-management business models
- Barriers impacting successful diabetes self-management
- Diabetes pharmacotherapy
- Plant-based eating
- Strategies for promoting behavior change
- Special school nurse tract on day two
Cost is $99.00 for both days of $60.00 for one day.
Nursing and dietary credit is available.
See the full conference agenda here: Full Agenda
Location: Crowne Plaza and Conference Center, 3000 S. Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, IL
The Crowne Plaza Hotel is offering a courtesy guestroom block on May 13 and 14. Reservations are available here: Room block.
If you prefer to call to make guestroom reservations, call the hotel directly at 217-529-7777 and reference the “ICAHN – Courtesy Block” at the Crowne Plaza and the reservation ID “D1G”.
Funding for this program is provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health Improving the Health of Illinoisans through Chronic Disease Prevention (CDC-DP18-1815)
Symposium partners: ICAHN, IDPH, IHA