ICAHN Nurse Preceptor Academy- May 2021
Overview: The ICAHN Nurse Preceptor Academy combines a virtual workshop with online course work to give preceptors ideas and confidence in the ability to teach new hires important skills that will lead them to be safe, competent, and independent practitioners. This is an interactive Academy with pre-work, group discussion, and casework.
Topics: After attending this Academy, you will be able to :
- Integrate new employees into your clinical team and social network.
- Create a preceptee learning plan based on appropriate goals and objectives.
- Use high impact communication skills that will foster engagement and learning.
- Provide feedback that is timely and productive.
- Understand how to relate to people from different generations and different personalities.
- Tailor your teaching style to the learning preference of the preceptee.
- Ask the right questions to promote critical thinking.
- Apply strategies to foster clinical judgment and decision making.
Live Workshop: The live workshop will be a virtual event on May 10, 2021 from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. There will be a half hour lunch break from noon - 12:30 p.m. This highly interactive day explores the unique challenges you face as a preceptor.
Online Course Work: Online modules cover 2.5 hours of activities and are completed before the live workshop. You will work on these modules at your own pace. Online course work opens May 1, 2021.
Fee: Cost of the Academy is $75.00 per nurse. VIP subscriber hospital fee is $55.00 per nurse.
Contact Hours: Online work - 2.5 nurse contact hours; Workshop - 4.0 nurse contact hours.