Opioid Conference. End the Stigma: Addressing Substance Abuse Disorder
ICAHN 2023 Opioid Conference
This conference examines the need to support law enforcement interventions for Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and the importance of Medication Assisted Recovery (MAR) treatment for incarcerated individuals. The day will also provide information that can be used to establish a recovery community that reduces substance use stigma and promotes positive change.
- Becoming a recovery specialist focusing on recovery, addressing stigma, and empowering people to live their best life.
- Understanding deflection and pre-arrest diversion: What it's about? Why it matters? Why you should be doing it.
- Using the Illinois learning collaborative to support MAR implementation for justice involved populations.
- Building communities of recovery.
- Reducing substance use stigma: What works to create positive change.
See Full Agenda:
Opioid Conference One-Sheet 2023_May2
I-Hotel and Conference Center, 1900 S 1st St, Champaign, IL 61820
$ 75.00 per person
$60.00 for VIP Subscribers
4.75 Nurse Contact Hours
4.75 Social Work credit
Criteria for successful completion: register and attend the full live event and complete the online evaluation.
Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network (ICAHN) is an approved provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity does not include any content that relates to the products or services of an ineligible company/organization that would require identification and mitigation.
This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $824,375 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.