Cervical Cancer 101- Update and Overview
This education training is for Illinois Breast and Cervical Cancer (IBCCP) staff and other interested healthcare providers.
- Describe the role of HPV in the development of cervical cancer.
- HPV and carcinogenesis of cancers of mucous membranes
- The natural history of HPV infection and cervical cancer – high risk groups, risk factors
- The meaning of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN)-1, CIN-2, CIN-3 and the estimation of risk for invasive cervical cancer
- Interpret the 2020 Guidelines for cervical cancer prevention.
Barb Bancroft has provided over 3000 continuing education topics for healthcare professionals throughout the U.S. and Canada over the past 35 years. Her topics include infectious diseases, diabetes, interpretation of lab tests, autoimmune diseases and more. She has published 8 books and has won numerous awards for teaching excellence.
1.0 Nurse Contact Hour
This webinar will be recorded and available for two-months after the live event. There is not charge to participate.
Support for this program comes from the Illinois Department of Public Health, Office of Women’s Health and Family Services.