Care Coordination Certificate Course
Overview: This course is designed to provide health professionals, such as nurses, primary care clinical staff, and others, to improve care coordination for patients with chronic conditions, behavioral health issues, as well as incorporating health promotion into their practice.
This is a self-paced course. The recommended timeline is approximately 16 weeks with access to the course for 12 months.
- Understand the basic elements of using a Lean Methodology for process change
- Explain the importance trends in the American population
- Discuss the population health models across the lifespan
- Develop patient centered goals for effective self-management
- Understand the elements required for developing long term relationships
- Evaluate learning readiness
- Identify learning styles
- Understand the progression of Medicare benefits
- Differentiate between team based, incident to, and provider services
- Identify appropriate community resources to incorporate into patients’ care plan
- Conduct an annual wellness visit
- Assist a patient with advance care planning
- Analyze research to incorporate into practice
Fee: $150.00 per person. A $50.00 scholarship per person will be awarded through Flex Grant funds to ICAHN member critical access hospitals. Please pay in full at the time you register and ICAHN will reimburse you for the scholarship amount.
This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $824,375 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Nurse Contact Hours: 20
Course Syllabus: Care Coordination Certificate Course
For more information contact Trudi Colby or Krista Fisher at the ICAHN office, 815-875-2999.