Accuracy in Blood Pressure Readings: What Nurses Need to Know
- Review the current guidelines on what is considered high blood pressure
- Discuss why blood pressure matters
- Discuss steps to perform a blood pressure determination
- Demonstrate proper technique, including the correct cuff size
- Describe different devices available
- Identify common errors to avoid
Michelle Spainhour-Luhrsen, BSN, RN. Quality & Infection Prevention Director, Kirby Medical Center.
1.0 Nurse contact hour
There is no charge to attend. Funding for this program comes from the Illinois Department of Public Health 1815 grant- Improving the Health of Illinoisans through Chronic Disease Prevention.