2021 ICAHN Annual Conference
The 2021 ICAHN Annual Conference will be held in-person on Thursday, November 18 from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the I-Hotel and Conference Center, 1900 S. First Street, Champaign, IL (subject to change depending on COVID mandates). The theme is "Stayin' Alive: Surviving, Thriving and Moving On!" 5.0 ACHE credits will be awarded for participation in the entire conference.*
Exhibit set-up is slated for November 17 from 2 to 8 p.m. in Heritage Hall of the I-Hotel and Conference Center, Champaign. Booth numbers and instructions for sending items to the I-Hotel will be sent to each vendor one-two weeks in advance of the event.
Please note: The deadline to make a reservation at the I-Hotel for a discounted room rate has expired. Those interested in making a reservation will need to call the I-Hotel at 217.819.5000 to make a reservation. There are very limited rooms still available.
- ICAHN is authorized to award 5.0 hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program wishing to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit should indicate their attendance when submitting application to the American College of Healthcare Executives for advancement or recertification. Criteria for successful completion include attendance at the entire event and submission of a completed evaluation form. The evaluation form will be emailed to you after the conference. You will receive your certificate after you complete the evaluation. For more information, contact Kathy Fauble email@example.com or Liz Swanson firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full agenda includes:
- 7:30 - 8:25 a.m. - Breakfast and Exhibit Visits (Heritage Hall)
- 8:30 - 8:35 a.m. - Welcome - Pat Schou, ICAHN Executive Director, and Alisa Coleman, Board President (Chancellor)
- 8:35-9:30 a.m. - "Staying Energized in a Draining World" - presented by Bruce Christopher (Chancellor) - Sponsored by Managed Care Partners, Inc.
- 9:35 - 10:30 a.m. - "How to Lead Like a Futurist: Why Now is the Perfect Time to Create the Rural Healthcare Ecosystems of Tomorrow" - presented by Dr. Connie Reimers-Hild (Chancellor)
- 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. - Break and Exhibit Visits (Heritage Hall) - Sponsored by Blue and Co., LLC
- 11:00 - 11:45 a.m. Break-Out Sessions
- "Yes...And! Using Creative Communication as a Leader" - presented by Jenette Jurczyk (Chancellor)
- "Healthcare Margin Improvement" - presented by Chris Burke (Alma Mater)
- "Getting Scrappy with Healthcare Marketing: Tips and Tricks from the Trenches" - presented by Nick Westergaard (Quad)
- "ICAHN Rural Health Fellowship: Creating a Project" - presented by Hana Hinkle and Kathy Fauble (Technology)
- "Patient Experience in a Brave New World" - presented by Kristy Gay (Lincoln)
- "Medicare Cost Report Basis" - presented by Clint Brill (Leadership)
- 11:50 a.m. - 1:10 p.m. - Lunch (Sponsored by Consociate and Dansig) and the Announcement of the IMPACT and "4 Under 40" award winners (Heritage Hall) - Hospital Award Video sponsored by O'Shea Builders and '4 Under 40' Award Banners sponsored by Integritas
- 1:15 - 2:00 p.m. - "Building Your Healthcare Brand in Today's Market" - presented by Nick Westergaard (Chancellor)
- 2:00 - 2:30 p.m. - Lightning Session
- "Technology in Modern Rural Healthcare" - presented by Shelli Ann McKenzie (Chancellor)
- "Strategic Planning Post-Covid" - presented by Jared Heim (Chancellor)
- 2:30 - 3:15 p.m. - "The Rural Policy Perspective" - presented by Alan Morgan (Chancellor)
- 3:15 - 3:45 p.m. - "The Power of Perception" - presented by Bruce Christopher (Chancellor) - Sponsored by Managed Care Partners, Inc.
- 3:45-4:00 p.m. - Final Prize Drawing and Closing
- 4:30-6:00 p.m. - Closed ICAHN Board Meeting
The ICAHN Annual Member Meeting will be held virtually from 10 to 11:30 a.m. on Friday, November 19. A link will be made available closer to the event for those wishing to participate.