2021 ICAHN Annual Conference
The 2021 ICAHN Annual Conference will be held in-person on Thursday, November 18 from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the I-Hotel and Conference Center, 1900 S. First Street, Champaign, IL. The theme is "Stayin' Alive: Surviving, Thriving and Moving On!" No refunds of the registration fee will be given after Friday, November 5, 2021. 5.0 ACHE credits will be awarded for participation in the entire conference.*
Exhibit set-up is slated for November 17 from 2 to 8 p.m. in Heritage Hall of the I-Hotel and Conference Center, Champaign. Booth numbers and important conference information is included in the program booklet. Click here to view the 2021 ICAHN Annual Conference Program Booklet.
Those wishing to send items to the I-Hotel in advance of the event are asked to address their materials in the following manner: I-Hotel and Conference Center, ICAHN Annual Conference-November 18-Booth #__, 1900 S. First Street, Champaign, IL 61820. You are also responsible for the return of your items as this is not the hotel's responsibility.
Regarding parking: Hotel guests should arrive to the I-Hotel at 1900 S. First Street. Other guests should enter the Illinois Conference Center parking lot off St. Mary’s Road behind the hotel. Enter through the north doors of the East wing. Registration is just inside.
Please note: The I-Hotel and Conference Center no longer has rooms available, please utilize one of the other hotel options presented below:
HILTON GARDEN INN, Champaign-Urbana
HOMEWOOD SUITES BY HILTON, Champaign-Urbana
- ICAHN is authorized to award 5.0 hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program wishing to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit should indicate their attendance when submitting application to the American College of Healthcare Executives for advancement or recertification. Criteria for successful completion include attendance at the entire event and submission of a completed evaluation form. The evaluation form will be emailed to you after the conference. You will receive your certificate after you complete the evaluation. For more information, contact Kathy Fauble firstname.lastname@example.org or Liz Swanson email@example.com.
The full agenda includes:
- 7:30 - 8:25 a.m. - Breakfast - sponsored by The Joint Commission - and Exhibit Visits (Heritage Hall)
- 8:30 - 8:35 a.m. - Welcome - Pat Schou, ICAHN Executive Director, and Alisa Coleman, Board President (Chancellor Ballroom)
- 8:35-9:30 a.m. - "Staying Energized in a Draining World" - presented by Bruce Christopher (Chancellor) - Sponsored by Managed Care Partners, Inc.
- 9:35 - 10:30 a.m. - "How to Lead Like a Futurist: Why Now is the Perfect Time to Create the Rural Healthcare Ecosystems of Tomorrow" - presented by Dr. Connie Reimers-Hild (Chancellor Ballroom) - Sponsored by Reditus Laboratories, LLC
- 10:30 - 11:15 a.m. - Break - sponsored by Blue & Co., LLC - and Exhibit Visits (Heritage Hall)
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Break-Out Sessions
- "Yes...And! Using Creative Communication as a Leader" - presented by Jenette Jurczyk (Chancellor Ballroom)
- "Healthcare Margin Improvement" - presented by Randy Notes, Jim Sink, and Dan Ordyna (Alma Mater)
- "Getting Scrappy with Healthcare Marketing: Tips and Tricks from the Trenches" - presented by Nick Westergaard (Quad)
- "ICAHN Rural Health Fellowship: Creating a Project" - presented by Kathy Fauble (Technology)
- "Patient Experience in a Brave New World" - presented by Kristy Gay (Lincoln)
- "Medicare Cost Report Basis" - presented by Clinton Brill (Leadership)
- 11:50 a.m. - 1:10 p.m. - Lunch - Sponsored by Consociate Health, Dansig Insurance Risk Advisors, and Vizient Insurance Services
- 1:15 - 2:00 p.m. - Announcement of the IMPACT and "4 Under 40" award winners (Chancellor Ballroom) - Hospital award videos sponsored by O'Shea Builders and '4 Under 40' award banners sponsored by Integritas
- 1:30-2:15 p.m. - "Building Your Healthcare Brand in Today's Market" - presented by Nick Westergaard (Chancellor Ballroom)
- 2:15-2:45 p.m. - Lightning Session
- "Technology in Modern Rural Healthcare" - presented by Shelli Ann McKenzie (Chancellor Ballroom)
- 2:45- 3:30 p.m. - "The Rural Health Landscape" - presented by Alan Morgan (Chancellor Ballroom)
- 3:30 - 4:00 p.m. - "The Power of Perception" - presented by Bruce Christopher (Chancellor Ballroom) - Sponsored by Managed Care Partners, Inc.
- 4:00 p.m. - Final Prize Drawing ($200 first prize, $100 second prize, and $50 third prize) and Closing
- 4:30-6:00 p.m. - Closed ICAHN Board Meeting
Special thanks to Senex Services, our tote bag sponsor, and to ME 1 and FACET (CD Companies), our lanyard and namebadge sponsor.
The ICAHN Annual Member Meeting will be held virtually from 10 to 11:30 a.m. on Friday, November 19. A link will be made available closer to the event for those wishing to participate.